This week we’ve been working on the platforms at the front of the store. The platforms were covered with three layers of flooring. Beneath the flooring is tongue and groove pine boards that resemble dock boards. I bet I pulled 1500 staples out of those boards! The staples had been used to attach the original flooring to the pine boards. It took me about fifteen hours over three days, my fingers are really sore, but the demo is done!
Now we can finish the platforms to look like docks with wooden pole railings and rope connecting the poles. The docks will be used for our window displays. We also removed sheetrock where the new windows will go.
The captain's Blog
Ahoy! Visit our blog the first Tuesday of every month. We share fun information about the shop, exciting events in Duluth and Lincoln Park, restoration tips & tricks and more!